Pixy on a Nixy Paddleboarding 2022

The 2022 season in San Carlos has me exploring my old haunts and some new ones to paddleboard. This year I purchased a Nixy paddleboard and I LOVE it!!! My first excursion on it, I got all outfitted out to be dumped into the chilly waters of the Sea of Cortez. After multiple attempts, this DID NOT HAPPEN! This board is super stable.


The next excursion was to the Marinaterra Beach Club bay.

Because Marinatera has tunnels, the next excursion was a sunset martini paddle with Mary Ann at this same location. 


A little difficult keeping the martini glasses upright, LOL.

Super fun with our lights. 


The sunset paddle inspired me to accomplish a sunrise paddle. It was peaceful, chilly and very worthwhile.

PJ brought our dingy down here so it was time to launch it for the first time. We launched from the Bahia Fish Camp boat ramp. I was the 'rescue' floatation device on my paddleboard.

While PJ went fishing, I took a nice tour of the Bahia.

Next, myself, Mary Ann and Lindy head out on a paddle into the Estuary during high tide. It is a long paddle and we are going against the current. There is so much bird life in the Estuary and there were a few low spots. 


We had seen this cloud bank over San Carlos when we headed out and didn't think much about it.

Uh oh, the cloud bank is moving toward us and we can hear waves breaking on the other side of the sand spit, better get outta here. It was a rough paddle out but we made it!

Not a paddle but a boat ride in hopes to paddle in a new location past Miramar but the Sea is not gonna allow this. 

So we cruise on in to the back bay of Miramar. We have never gone back in here, super cool!




It's time for another dingy/paddleboard excursion. This time we decide to try having PJ tow me along side the dingy. Super fun!

It worked quite well!

Our iconic view of the Tetas.

The water at Honeymoon Island was super clear!


An Oystercatcher.

PJ's catch of the day, sad....

The winds have been in our favor this season so we head out to Piedras Pintas/Lalos Cove. We have never paddled north of here. Mary Ann finds the first cave.

Gorgeous rock formations.



Now it is time to see if the dingy can tow two boards....I am hooked to the dingy and Mary Ann's board is hooked to mine.


SUCCESS!!!

Next we were off to Cactus Island. On the way there we came across a few deer. 

The water is so clear!




Since the dingy is a new thing for us this year and can get me on my paddleboard to further away places, we are putting it to good use. On this day, we headed out from the Miramar bay.

PJ tows me half-way across the bay and then he is off fishing. I paddle to this lovely hill outcropping beyond the Pearl Farm.


I wasn't intending on going completely around the hill but I do and the other side is amazing!



New tunnels to explore and maybe go through???


At mid tide, I could get through this one, it was a very tight squeeze.

From the other side as I didn't see this on my way past the first time.





Miramar has a great concrete boat ramp for me to walk down and PJ to roll his dingy down.

Be sure to check back here for more paddleboard adventure postings.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overnight on the boat

Please Help

Feels Like Summer